Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Daily Reflection

Did you know that you don't have to go to Church to be in the presence of the Lord? No…really…it is true. Being in His Holy presence is such a privilege. Nothing compares to being in the presence of our God. King David was sought after His presence more than anything else. He wrote in Psalm 27:4, "One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple." His only desire was to be where God was…in His house. An old song has been going over and over in my spirit all day long. Here are the lyrics:

IN HIS PRESENCE - Geron Davis

IN HIS PRESENCE

IN HIS HOLY PRESENCE

THE WEARY CAN FIND PERFECT REST

THE BROKEN ARE RESTORED

IN HIS PRESENCE

IN HIS HOLY PRESENCE

THERE'S NOTHING LIKE

THE PRESENCE OF THE LORD

Yesterday, my wife and I were out to an appointment. She had about an hour to do something so I was waiting for her so we could go home together. Rather than sitting in the waiting room and twiddle my thumbs, I decided to go for a walk. It was a beautiful night so I just walked around and just started praying. I didn't really pray for anything specific I just started thanking God for His goodness to us. His presence came and it was almost like He was walking with me. I did not have a specific need but He came and met me in fellowship as my friend. God is Omnipresent, which means He can be everywhere all at the same time. Last night, you were probably praying and feeling His presence too! Isn't that wonderful!? We were both in the presence of the Lord, being restored, being filled, and finding perfect rest together. God is so good!

I've been put on a pretty important project at my job so my days have gotten crazier over the past several weeks. Throughout this craziness, I've really gained an appreciation for the ability to just pray and meditate on the Lord, even while I'm working. If I'm doing paperwork or researching something, I'll throw on my .mp3 player and just listen to worship music and His presence comes. If I'm working through a problem I can be praying in my Spirit and His presence comes. How wonderful! I don't have to be in church to hear Him speak to me. He is with me as I go through my life and as I call out to Him, He answers! What a blessing. It is so wonderful to be in the presence of the Lord.

Spend some time in His presence. If you're reading this, you're probably on the computer. Why not turn off the computer and spend some time meditating on His goodness. If you have a specific need, tell Him about it. If you just want to talk to a friend…talk to Him. There's truly nothing like the presence of the Lord.

2 comments:

  1. Bro Jason, I appreciate this post very much; I am continually amazed at the places God chooses to manifest Himself. He is a personal God and we should be expecting His presence at any time and in any situation... Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments and encouragement Pastor Frank. It is so wonderful to have Him with us at all times. God is so good.

    ReplyDelete